keskiviikko 2. joulukuuta 2015

Turquoise Babyblanket

I am slowly updating this blog with my creations of the last two years.
Here is a turqouise and grey babyblanket for a collegue. I had asked for her colour choices and decided to do a scrappy wild geese quilt. To lighten things up, I added the occasional yellow print.

I like quilt's where the eye cannot quite catch the overall appearance and has to focus on small parts. It was well received by my colleague, so I think she liked it, too.

 A closer look on the geese blocks and the quilting.
The quilting was very difficult, because the batting was very thick. The baby will lay and crawl on it on the ground, so I wanted to provide a thick isolation. Never again! The back fabric is an IKEA fleece blanket bought on sale. The quilting pattern is a large meander with flowers in between.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti